The Midtown Market is an essential service, and will be operating for the full season in 2020 with extra precautions in place.
WHAT TO BRING
- BYO mask. No seriously, please wear a mask.
- If you bring your own bag, make sure you are the only person who touches it.
- All Producers accept: Cash, EBT/SNAP tokens available at Market Info tent
- Some Producers accept: Debit/Credit cards, Debit/Credit tokens (are no longer available at Market Info tent) if you still have some use them, Market Buck coupons for fresh fruits and vegetables only, E-payments.
- If you want fresh and local food but don’t want to handle cash or be onsite for long, you can make an online order and just come to the market to make some quick pick ups from your favorite vendors.
- We will announce who is accepting online orders in the days before the market on social media and our newsletter.
- You can make an online order up through the day before the market so as to allow vendors to process the orders.
- There will be one entrance/exit on the Minnehaha Ave side of the market, next to the Hub Bicycle Co-op. This will allow us to limit the number of people who are allowed in the market at any given time so that we can all spread out and socially distance ourselves
- Please queue southwards along Minnehaha Ave trying to stay roughly 6 ft apart from the nearest person.
- If possible, please only have one person per household come to the market at a time.
- There will be a handwashing station available to you as soon as you walk in. We recommend you use it.
- Do not consume food onsite. We will have prepared hot food vendors and we ask that if you make a purchase from them, you wait to eat it until you’re out of the market.
- All pedestrian traffic within the market will flow in one direction so people are less likely to have to get close to each other. The loop will pass by each vendor stall.
- Please do not linger. We ask that you collect what you want and need and then exit as soon as possible. We know this sounds harsh, but with limited access to the market, we need people to get in and out as fast as possible.
Thank you for working with us to ensure maximum safety for our 2020 season. Hopefully in 2021 we will be back with live music, theme days, picnic tables, and fun for the whole family. But for this year, we must all work together to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Comments are closed.