Midtown Farmers Market Advisory Committee
Advisory Committee members support the market staff, vendors and larger community by providing direction, skills and passion for an equitable and sustainable neighborhood food system. AC members commit to this role for a year term (and there’s no term limit!), showing up at monthly meetings (3rd Wednesday of the month 6:30 – 8:00pm at CNO) and volunteering an additional 8-10 hours each month on various projects.
Right now, we are seeking Advisory Committee members with skill sets and interest in the following areas –
- Communications and Public Relations
- Outreach and Partnerships
- Fundraising and Special Events
- Development and Grant Writing
Economic Development Advisory Committee
The Econ and Development Advisory Committee members guide CNO’s efforts to support our neighborhood’s businesses and entrepreneurs. AC members commit to this role for a year term (and there’s no term limit!), showing up at monthly meetings (3rd Tuesday of the month 6:30 – 8:00pm at CNO’s office) and volunteering an additional hours as needed on various projects.
Right now, we are seeking Advisory Committee members with skill sets and interest in:
- Making our neighborhood a better community for all
- Connecting with small shops, home-based businesses, budding start-ups, and entrepreneurial thinkers
- Building relationships with entrepreneurs who speak Spanish or Somali as their primary language
- Hosting special events, such as the Corcoran Block Party, to highlight local businesses
- Fundraising (individual giving, grant writing, etc.) to support CNO’s economic development activities
Corcoran Online Newspaper Committee
The Corcoran News Committee is looking for new members, volunteer writers and editors.
- Committee Members: help run the paper, generate idea’s for the paper, find leads and maintain the website. Most committee members are also asked to help review spelling and grammar in our articles from time to time, so good spelling etc is helpful.
- Editor: This is a co-chair position in the committee, help arrange and schedule meetings, run the agenda, sometimes if called to, makes final decisions on articles that will be printed.
The editor also helps review articles for spelling and other errors.
- Writer: Writers can submit articles to the paper, but don’t necessarily need to attend our meetings. Ideally would be open to suggestions from the committee on leads or ideas.
- Youth or Student Writer: The paper would love to find a new youth writer or writers. Youth writers can write about anything that is interesting our important to them.
- Photographers: Now that the paper is online we can fill-full one the most common requests for the paper, More Photos! Share your photos with us form events in the area, or your gardens, kids artwork, we can share them now
Comments are closed.