BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Thursday, December 13, 2018
7:00-9:00 at CNO Office
Attending: Flannery, Dillion, Matt, Mike, Lori, Ellie and ED Alisha, MFM Jenna
Call to Order: Flannery
Jenna was introduced as the new Manager of the MFM.
- Decision has been made to move to Moon Palace. The owners are very open to housing the MFM. Alisha and Jen will be working with them to finalize plans for parking area, city codes, rent, food trucks parking, 38 vendors, etc. Mike will help also. Signage needs to be done soon so advertising can begin at Moon Palace.
- Draft formal agreement
- Retreat planned for the committee soon after 1st of year.
- Vendor fees are all collected and reviewed for 2019.
- New budget for 2019 being developed.
- Financially did ok for 2018 and did not lose any vendors.
- Flannery presented the resignation from the Board of LisaBeth. She has accepted a position at the county that would be in conflict with CNO. Matt moved acceptance and Dillion seconded. Motion passed.
- Mike from the city, who helps us with 990’s might help with audits.
- County Planning Committee/Committee of the Whole meets in January. Wanting to get an update on the overall Hiawatha-Lake project and timetable.
- Volunteers of America want to partner with us with a Fit and Strong class on Tuesdays. Class will run for 24 sessions. Tell your neighbors.
- We will rent out our space for groups to meet.
- Need to look at annual gifts and fundraising grants.
- MPRC Renters can request help from CNO.
- The Frenz properties are still a source of problems for renters. Interested in finding buyers who will keep rents affordable.-The 2019 budget will reflect new approach to reporting financial information for CNO.
- Mario’s contract is completed. Board to review plan overview for January. In February Board will vote and begin execution.
- Lori and Kelly agreed to co-chair the Book Sale on February 16.
Adjourn: Matt motion, Mike seconded. Passed
Comments are closed.